Click here to view our security policy
Click here to view our returns policy
De-essing is no longer just for vocals!
SSL DeEss is a workflow-oriented correctional tool for precision sibilance reduction and high-frequency control – used to reduce excess sibilance and harsh mid-high frequency build-ups such as the 'ess' and 'shh' sounds in vocal takes.
Alongside workflow enhancements such as automatic auditioning and built-in brighten control for rejuvenating de-essed signals, DeEss uses a relative threshold algorithm: allowing you to change the input level of the signal without a destructive effect on the response of the de-esser. This also means that you can de-ess quiet sibilant events just as effectively as loud ones!
With DeEss, you can quickly target only the mid or side components of the signal, as well as toggling in automatic oversampling and lookahead options for a super-high-quality response. Not only this, DeEss features a range of carefully designed presets for different vocal types (Tenor, Alto, Soprano) and instrument processing.
- Apple M1 Native Support: DeEss is a universal binary, and features M1 Native support.
- Relative threshold de-esser: make changes to level earlier in your FX chain, without destructing your carefully tailored de-esser response
- Rejuvenate your de-essed signal: use the brighten control to rejuvenate the high-end after de-essing
- Filter it your way: choose any mix between SPLIT and BROADBAND processing modes – the maximum gain reduction of each carefully tailored for de-essing that is effective and transparent, but not overdone – and switch out the filters independently to audition bandpass or shelf approaches
- Multi-shade waveform visualiser: see the de-esser kick in on both the quietest and loudest parts of the signal because of the relative threshold
- Automatic auditioning: use AUTO LISTEN to automatically audition the signal when changing related controls
- Mid/side processing: quickly target only the mid or side components of the signal