- On sale!
SSL Native X-Echo
Vintage tape echo inspired by the sound of definitive early tape delay hardware of the 1960s
Click here to view our security policy
Click here to view our returns policy
VINTAGE TAPE DELAY, ADVANCED SSL WORKFLOW
SSL Native X-Echo is a plug-in inspired by early tape delay hardware from the '60s and '70s, while introducing SSL's signature sound and brought up-to-date with advanced workflow.
X-Echo is your vibe machine, adding the gloriously warm sound of vintage tape to your recordings, sessions and even jams. Soft compression, hiss and the well-known gradual degradation of tape have all been meticulously modelled and combined with SSL's renowned console-style saturation and LF/HF EQ. In addition to advanced waveform visualisation, built-in 'DE-ESSER' and delay 'WIDTH' control, X-Echo features a brand-new SSL reverb design: Capable of subtle space to the richest of plates, all the way to a reverb tail which can fill a canyon, all via the single-knob 'DIFFUSION' control.
Able to effortlessly deliver traditional tape delay effects like swirling echoes and classic slap back, X-Echo is also capable of more contemporary creative delays commonly found in electronic music, and of course can be driven to self-oscillation via 'FEEDBACK' or add creative swells via 'FREEZE' and 'KILL'.
Try out a 14 day free trail of X-Echo Plug-in via the 'Free Trial' tab on this page.
- 4 switch-able tape heads for adding variation
- Tape-style analogue degradation with classic SSL-style distortion characteristics using the ‘Wow & Flutter’ and ‘Saturation’
- Models classic characteristics of hardware tape echo devices, including the looping EQ, soft clipping, gentle tape hiss and self-oscillation
- WOW & FLUTTER emulates the effect of mechanical components, as well as the friction of the tape itself
- FREEZE and KILL to build risers and drops
- DIFFUSION control, featuring a brand new reverb design
- Built-in DE-ESSER for controlling the sibilant frequencies that tape echoes often accentuate.
- Unique interface and waveform visualisation
- Cleverly stereoises mono signals
- Built on the SSL Plug-in Engine
“The X-Echo plugin is really versatile, with the built-in saturation, diffusion control and EQ, and the automatable Freeze and Kill switches. I use it all the time!”
Adrian Hall (Black Eyed Peas, Shakira, Depeche Mode and many others)
SSL plug-ins can be authorised by machine-based iLok licensing or iLok 2 / iLok 3 USB dongles.
SSL Native X-Echo Plug-in Mac V6.5 (64-bit)
SSL Native X-Echo Plug-in Windows V6.5 (64-bit)
SSL Native X-Echo Plug-in FREE TRIAL
For 14 days, you can demo X-Echo Plug-in for free.
To start a free trial, simply download and install X-Echo Plug-in in the correct format for your DAW. Upon launching your DAW, click the 'Try' button to activate your free trial. If the Activation Experience pop-up does not appear on launch, simply insert the plug-in on any insert. You will be asked to log into your iLok account, and the trial authorization period will begin.